Second Block Edition: Tales from Miami Ad School Account Planning Bootcamp. Location: Minneapolis, MN.

3.17.2010

Take the bus story and you read it. you read it!

I love starting my morning feeling like a cow in a holding pin. The metro in this city before 9:30am is a disaster. Un quilombo. But I was forced to ride on this rodeo of city transportation because my translation skills were needed before my regular arrival time. But I was greeted by someone else getting me, the intern, coffee. What the what?! I love this place.

So, for those of you whom are dedicated readers you may remember Tales from the Collectivo...also known as bus stories. Well, they're back. With the mother of all stories.
Meg and I decided to take the bus home on Saturday night with the trusty number 59. As luck would have it we caught one just as we arrived at the stop. Late-night riders were occupying all the seats, so Meg took her luck next to the number one hottie on the bus, while I hang out next to the handicap bars. Then. Out of no where pops in this dude to wedge himself into the small space between myself and the bus window. My nose smells him before my eyes can even grace his presence. Some cutie across from me darts his eyes at me, then Smelly Man, then back at me. You wish, dude. What can a girl do? I guess politely mumble to her best friend (still rubbing shoulders with Hottie Mchotterson) "Yeah, that´s just not going to happen," as she moves away from the smell.
Smelly Man does some tricks, like tries to light his cigarette backwards and drop & pick-up his lighter a million times. Meg and I are thoroughly dialoguing the events when we realize the bus has stopped and in storm six Argentine Policia to begin harassing Smelly Man. How they were able to get so close to him without wearing Purell, I don't know. There was about 5 minutes of authoritative yelling. some bitch slapping. woman police officer holding Smelly Man back. Smelly Man shouting "No tengo nada! No tengo nada!" Me squeezing Meg's hand with extreme excitement of events unfolding in front of our little American eyes.
The police officers finally drag Smelly Man off the bus and have their way...something not as excited I'm sure as they make it seem in those cop shows. But it was definitely material for TrueTV.

Oh, number 59.

St. Patty's Day was a bust, unfortunately. Being soaked before I even arrived at Meg's apartment was quite the downer. But don't worry we have the final installment in Thursday Night Dinner coming up. Lots of potential for hat wearing. If you know what I mean.

Also I purchased my tickets for Uruguay. I'm ready for my fourth South American country visit. It's a small one, but lots of potential. And there's a boat ride involved.

Application coming along like road construction in San Antonio. And speaking of home, I'll be there in about two months. No puedo creerlo!

-E.

No comments:

Post a Comment