Second Block Edition: Tales from Miami Ad School Account Planning Bootcamp. Location: Minneapolis, MN.

3.24.2010

piece of mind.

I'm getting itchy for new clothes. The clothes are a. one size fits all and b. overly expensive for their worth. I miss the Target clearance rack. sigh. I've been wearing the same clothes for about ten months now. It's getting repetitive. Mom sent some new shirts a while back, but it's just not the same.
I'm gonna miss this country. It's been so long since I've had to say goodbye to something without knowing when or if I'll see it again. It's a strange concept. I came home the other day and greeted my tiny closet of a room and I was overcome with that feeling. This is my home for the moment. I like it. I'm happy. But I know I can't stay. Maybe that's why I've been holding something back. Another part thinks the place is too exhausting and unappreciative of my greatness, I've gotten what I was looking for out of my time here, and now, it's time to return back home. Did I just write the beginning of a time traveling novel?

Next week I'm heading off to Uruguay for a few days. Just like all those regular ex-pats do to renew their visas and pretend like "they really just felt like getting away for a little while." We all know it's a lie, one day the Argentine government will catch on. Oh, who am I kidding, we all know the Argentine government doesn't give a crap about the foreigners living in this country. Every single job I've had here has openly been "under-the-table." This how people run effective businesses in Argentina. That and letting their employees come in at 10am.

My mental deadline for my MAS application is the week after next. I'm getting closer with ideas for this video. Don't worry, I work really well under pressure. I think.

-E.

No comments:

Post a Comment