Second Block Edition: Tales from Miami Ad School Account Planning Bootcamp. Location: Minneapolis, MN.

5.19.2010

Bebé de comida

I just ate my weight in Argentine beef. and it was so deli(cious). My housemates and I went to a tenedor libre, which literally means "open fork," but what it really is a wonderful all-you-can-eat meat heaven. There was a nice salad bar with fresh beats and all, then you get to choose which and however much of the meat as you want. Of course, you have to start with the steak then work your way down. By the time I got to the sausage I was meated out, with a food baby named carne. Don't worry I topped all that off with some helado (ice cream).

I could give you a play-by-play of what I've been doing since Sunday, but really it would just be descriptions of the different food I've been eating, and good company as a side order. My mind doesn't really go around thinking, this is the last time you'll be able to do this, but apparently my stomach has caught on to the fact that I'm leaving and it's taking me for a ride.

I'm going to miss so many things about this city, but one of the things I have to most shame to admit that I'm going to miss is the dirty old men that stare at you on the street. Men are trained from a young age to stare and whistle at woman, and most of the time it's harmless. About 90% of the time it just makes me laugh at how ridiculous they are about it, and obvious. Today this old man stopped me in the street to ask me something and when I couldn't make out the first time what he had said, upon his repetition of his question I could only make out one word between his slurs with four teeth, "beso." and I kept on walking.

This time next week I will have gone from Fall to Summer, moved back two hours, eaten Tex-Mex and possibly driven a car for the first time in a year. que raro.

-E.

-E.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete