Second Block Edition: Tales from Miami Ad School Account Planning Bootcamp. Location: Minneapolis, MN.

12.15.2009

Summer Love.

I use my hands a lot to talk. A lot. Argentines use their hands a lot to speak, but I'm on the verge of looking like I'm learning Sign Language, not Spanish. Sometimes it's rather distracting. Or it causes me to drop drinks all over the floor in public restaurants. or onto my clothing. or all over my desk. or onto innocent bystanders. Usually it leads to some sort of public embarrassment, mostly for those around me who aren't used to being around someone who seems to have the coordination of a three-year-old.

I've made some decisions.
One: I will pay the fee of 300 pesos to legalize myself as a tourist again so that I can travel to Chile, Boliva and Peru with Megan. We will be leaving for the south of Argentina around the 10th of next month, start with south and work our way up. I won't ever have this opportunity again and this is why I came here. To travel. To live life. And that's just what I'm going to do.

Two: I'm going to apply to Miami Ad School Account Planning Bootcamp for Summer 2010 in Minneapolis, MN. This is something I've been thinking about for over a year. And I'm ready to apply. The deadline is in April. I can't afford it. But sometimes when you want something, the other things will work themselves out.

I suppose there should be more decisions based on the illusion I gave above. But this is enough for now.

Since I don't have as much work these days I'm trying to keep myself busy. Not to worry there are so many things to do in this city to keep my mind occupied. I want to do/go something/somewhere new every week. Even if it's small and sounds silly. These are the ideas I get from watching Breakfast at Tiffany's. Sunday I started-off this new tradition by buying myself some ice cream and eating it on the streets. Tonight I'll take myself to the movies. Tomorrow the MALBA is free and there is an Andy Warhol exibit. So really it's like I'm dating myself. Except the dates don't end with us making out. We're taking it slow. No strings attached.

Christmas is about a week or so away. I still haven't bought any presents. Wait. I don't have to buy any. The songs all say it's starting to feel a lot like Christmas, but how do they know that? It doesn't to me. It feels like summer. It feels like summer love. Summer heat. Summer dresses. Summer joy. I'm starting my new traditions. My own summer christmas traditions.

I've got it.

Three: I'm really happy.

-E.

No comments:

Post a Comment